You can get to Sumy from Kiev Boryspil International Airport by mini-bus (buses are departing every hour during the daytime). Alternative option is to take a train from Kiev Train Station, but it is less convenient and requires getting to Kiev first (approximately 30-45 minute travel time from Boryspil Airport to Kiev Train Station).
Schedule of mini-buses (buses depart from Boryspil Airport 30 minutes later than from Kiev):
- Bus company “Elit-Express”reservations by phones +380-542-600089, +380-50-4070009, +380-67-4477089 and via Internet here
- Bus company “San Avto”reservations by phones +380-542-781721, +380-50-9339093, +380-97-4549055 and via Internet here
- Bus Company “Service-Lux”reservations by phones +380-542-781330, +380-50-6109280, +380-97-2557010 and by Skype service_lux
To reserve a seat in the mini-bus, please call the phone number of a bus company in advance. A one-way ticket costs 170 UAH ($15 USD). Travel time to Sumy is 4.5 hours. Mini-buses make one 15-minute stop during the trip in Pyriatyn (located 1.5 hours from the airport and 2.5 hours from Sumy).
Locations, where mini-buses stop at the Boryspil Airport, are shown on the map below:
- For Terminal D – bus stop at the upper level of Terminal D (to the left from the main entrance)
- For Terminals B and F – a green pavilion across from Terminal B